Would you like to have a job that has an impact on the daily life of millions of people? PiBond is a rapidly growing company that develops the most innovative materials that are used in microelectronics. We are presently expanding our activities in optical coatings and adhesives to become a leading technology supplier in optical and photonic applications. As part of our R&D team your contribution may revolutionize the industry and products you have helped create end up in devices used for example in processors or memories in phones and computers, or in automotive cameras and displays. Join us as we are growing into a major player in one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
We are strengthening our R&D team in Espoo facility. As Process Development Engineer in PiBond’s R&D/Technology Development group, you will be responsible for process development of materials used in manufacturing of semiconductor devices. In this position, you will work with PiBond engineers, technology partners and vendors to develop materials and unit processes that meet device requirements for next-generation semiconductor devices, integrate processes as part of cross-functional teams and ultimately provide technology transfers to PiBond’s worldwide manufacturing network.
Your task will include:
- Processing, testing and evaluation of polymer materials using techniques including but not limited to lithography (optical, e-beam, NIL), etching, deposition (CDV, ALD, PVD etc.), ellipsometry, microscopy (AFM, SEM, EDX etc.)
- Execute and manage research and development projects by documenting and communicating plans, status, and results in written reports and presentations, including analysis and interpretation of data.
- Document procedures, transfer developed processes, and communicate results with senior management team.
- Work jointly with equipment vendors, test and qualify new equipment, drive process improvements, monitoring and control.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Understanding of semiconductor devices and the process flows/steps used to manufacture them.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics or other relevant area of study in the field of semiconductors.
- Strong aptitude for research and development and ability to create production-worthy technologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain relations with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Experience in thin film processing and characterization with various techniques.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Familiar with equipment acceptance & qualification procedures and measurement system analysis of characterization tools
- Proficient in statistics, data analysis (e.g. Minitab, JMP), design of experiments (DOE).
- Rewarding and challenging position with real possibilities to create enabling materials for next generation semiconductors and displays
- Supportive colleagues and an international business environment.
- A great opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in its field.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Dynamic atmosphere and inspirational lean organization.
- An employer who invests in wellbeing of its employees.
Pibond is a rapidly growing innovator of materials used in the semiconductor industry. We specialize in the development and production of advanced organic, silicon and metal oxide polymers, and proprietary monomers for these. Pibond is committed to world-class manufacturing operations with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified quality and environmental management system. Our team consists of personnel with decades of experience in developing new innovative materials, scaling these up to reproducible processes and manufacturing our products at the highest quality. Company’s mission is to ensure the success of our customers and their products through consistently innovative materials and superior service.